Monday, January 21, 2008

It's A God Thing

My picture thingy is broken...I have bunches to load when it's fixed... So here is a story...We have a half mile loop around my house and I have walked many a lap around the neighborhood. The house across the street went into foreclosure about two years ago and I prayed and prayed over that house every time I passed it to put a nice family there with children. This summer, a family indeed bought the house...three children...two boys and one girl...He is the pastor of our presby church here and the wife is now one of my best friends. Amazing isn't even the word. The wife said when she entered the house, although not really her style, she knew this was the house God had meant for them. There are many things that happened along the way that were neat. Truly, God works in our everyday lives and we need to stop sometimes to listen and see it. I mean, where else could my child run across the street this morning in 26 degree weather, sporting an Underarmor and shorts and barefooted...She has a third child too!

6 comments:

Annie said...

I love how God works things out...

sle said...

Good for you! I have a neighbor I wish He would move! She acts like its my fault the people who lived here before us got a divorce. She also acts like we stole their house. We have lived here 3 years and the only words she has ever said to me have all been related to her "friend" who used to live here.

k e r r y said...

What a nice post - I like your positive energy - I need a little more of that these days... Thanks.

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

that is such a neat story. Thanks for sharing it. God does amazing things.

Anonymous said...

Love this story.

There is a house two down from us and across the street that has been on the market for a while. They were an older couple and downsized to a smaller house that they had built. For the past few months I've been trying to convince our good friends to buy it (they want to move, but are waiting for the price to come down a bit). Would never have thought to pray about something like this, but now I think I just might.

The Mrs. said...

God listens to prayers for SURE! We had a miracle happen after Landon was born. We had switched to a new church, and this new church absolutely got us though 52 days in the hospital. It was truly a divine decision we made.