Monday, January 28, 2008

My Love Story


I have been tagged by MRS. and I am gladly playing along. I met my hubby in college and we were very good friends. (we would ride to church together) He was our sorority's Big Brother and I was his frat's Little Sister. I cheered in college and he left after three years (so smart) and headed to medical school. After I graduated. I taught a cheer clinic in his town and called him and said "let's go get a beer"....seriously...college days, remember? Anyhoo, we went and played tennis one night and I realized he was smart and athletic. When he talked about water skiing I think I realized "I'm digging you!". We dated two years and he asked me to marry him and then went to Africa for seven weeks to visit his brother, who was a medical missionary. We have been married 17 years. He's a pretty good roommate and still my dear friend...

9 comments:

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

SO SWEET!

The 5 Bickies said...

Great story! Smart and Athletic...aren't you lucky! I love the roommate comment.

The Adventures of Maverick & the Mrs. said...

What a good story! I met my hubby through my sorority and being a little sis to his frat (although he was an SAE at UK, his best friends from home were SAE's at my school) too, and I am ever so thankful every day. Have a super week!

The Mrs. said...

I love how sporty you guys are!!! What a cute story.

Anonymous said...

Whatever!

Anonymous said...

Are you taking herbs again?

workinthatpreppy said...

Guys...please disregard the comments from my wacky friend who is anonymous! what herbs carol?

Belle said...

What a great story! I love that you and your daughter have cheerleading in common. So sweet!

Preppy Lizard said...

Such a sweet story!