Wednesday, May 2, 2007

May Madness




Is the stress rising in you and the family? My children are so "done" with school and I can not say I blame them. My oldest leaves tomorrow for a challenge trip...to the Amish Country and Phillie. And, they get to attend "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". Pray for me...this is my firstborn son and you know how that goes. He is supposed to return on Monday morning...I have been busy as a bee monogramming and sewing for graduation.

Today, I also made part of a meal for my friends who lost a family member. I baked a pound cake with a Lemon Glaze...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cake looks delicious...
Lemon pound cake is my fave dessert!! hint

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

YUM! I'll be right over, I love lemon pound cake. I plan on making it this weekend with the new beehive cake pan from William's Sonoma!

hqm said...

I hear you about being "done", we are, too! Your sone will be in my neck of the woods this weekend! I am smach in the middle of Amish Country and Philadelphia. Actually, closer to Amish Country! He will be amazed when he returns if he hasn't ever seen the Amish!

sle said...

I love the cake stand, very pretty. Do you have new monogram additions for sale? I am interested in a beach bag.

workinthatpreppy said...

dear sle...can you e-mail me what you want, monogram, etc and we can go from there...

hqm said...

Do you see the Amish much? They are everywhere...especially Saturday afternoon. I know the theater where the play is, it is commercial in that area but they Amish are still around. Hopefully, they will get off the beaten path and take some back roads toward Philadelphia. Then you feel like you are back in time...Amish farms as far as the eye can see!

jillskict said...

Very thoughtful of you!